Friday, November 13, 2009

This is my reality.

"Peace is a ladder up to the clouds, that I'm wishing I could climb but I don't know how"
-N. Gundersen


Time keeps moving and no matter how much I do I am always standing still. Living for yourself is not what I thought I recognized when I looked through the lense of others lives. I saw happiness and success, accomplishments and perfection that seemed mastered by these idols I stood beneath.
But what they do not tell you is once you know the love of our Savior, His jealousy for you and mercy that flows like a river, well, once you have known, there is nothing better. So I run in and out of hours turning into days and look back with regret of why I did not spend time with my father today. I cannot seem to fill my days with enough to drown out this conviction riping at my seems. I need the love of my Savior to find me again. But is that how it is suppose to be?
I thought I could not let go of this control because the vulnerability hurt too much. I am seeing that vulnerable or not, living with my father hurts the worst of all.

Rescue me
Rescue me
Rescue me
RESCUE ME.

2 comments:

Anjuli said...

His love is truly amazing- especially when we grasp that it is there no matter what we do or do not do--- it is not a love of 'doing' -it is a 'being'

talking bird said...

it's good. reminds me of a poem i wrote about standing still it's something we all struggle with but only few can actually get the nerve to realize it and do something about it. your great :)