Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My new obsession

I've had my hands on two of these novels and could not put them down. Picoult is an outstanding author. I did not seek out this author, but had the great opportunity to find her in what i might add is my favorite class this year, Educational Psychology. 19 Minutes was my first Picoult book. Torn out of reality when I jumped in the pages was something I hadn't expected to find. After a great ending I rushed to find another one. In the airport last Saturday I found Picoult's Handle With Care (the only book of hers for sale in that whole airport). This seeming to me more like a mother's book I almost didn't pick it up. But knowing the experience of the last book I thought I would give it a try. In 4 days I finished Handle With Care. Upset over the ending I searched blog after blog for someone who related. What I found though, was not reassurance that this author might not of been as good as I thought she was, but I found a theory that made perfect sense and an almost perfect author. I'm ready for the next 500 pages of a Picoult to carry me away..but choosing what will come next will be an adventure in itself. How will the next Picoult come to me..?


1 comment:

Anjuli said...

my I recommend picture perfect- it is a disturbing tale- but it will 'get to you' on many different levels.