Sunday, December 27, 2009

Matthew 11:28




If I could sleep I might dream of wonderful things.
Instead my body keeps waking me up hour after hour and for the past three days I have seem 3:58am and 5:42am and 6:03am all to often flash brightly in my eyes. No calls, no messages, no sounding alarms...but you still continue to want my attention. What is out there that I need to find; that cannot be found in my dreams? You wake me. With hot flashes, fears, a knotted stomach. I want to go back to my dreams. Back to the peaceful still of my body as it rests. 


Rest. Rest. Rest.


–noun

1.
the refreshing quiet or repose of sleep: a good night's rest.
2.
refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor: to allow an hour for rest.
3.
relief or freedom, esp. from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs.
4.
a period or interval of inactivity, repose, solitude, or tranquillity: to go away for a rest.
5.
mental or spiritual calm; tranquillity.
6.
the repose of death: eternal rest.
7.
cessation or absence of motion: to bring a machine to rest.
8.
Music.
a.
an interval of silence between tones.
b.
a mark or sign indicating it.



No comments: